The CT Technologist performs duties under the direction of the Radiologist, Technical Director, and Lead/Chief Technologist. May perform other job related duties as necessary for the efficient operation of SDMI.
- Must be registry eligible or a Registered Technologist in good standing with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists or its equivalent. Principle of modality specific and skills required as such.
- R.R.T. and equivalent specialty modality preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of basic principles of radiation protection and equipment.
- Basic knowledge of plane and solid geometry.
- Thorough knowledge and skill in radiographic positioning.
- Thorough knowledge and skill in formulating radiographic exposure factors.
- Basic knowledge and skill in aseptic technique.
- Thorough knowledge and skill in administration, side effects and complications of contrast media.
- Oral communication skills to give clear, concise instructions and information to the patient and visitor and communicate with people of various backgrounds and education levels.
- Skill in organizing time and workload to accommodate changes in workload and assignments in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Basic knowledge and skill in the care of IVs catheters, N.G. tubes, chest tubes and various “Ostomies.”
- Thorough knowledge and skill in dealing with the various isolation conditions.
- Demonstrate knowledge and compliance of patient rights including patient confidentiality. Respects patient privacy.
- Understand and utilize all functions of digital imaging
- Thorough knowledge of PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication Systems) and work flow processes to provide maximum efficiency.
Please click here to apply online.SDMI is proud to be a smoke free and drug free workplace.Due to high volume of applicants, only those being considered for this position will be contacted