We are continually working to better accommodate our patients, and with that comes adding appointments and extending hours.
Call Center Extended Hours
From October 1st – to December 15th, 2023, patients can call to schedule Monday -Friday from 7:00 a.m. - to 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. – 1:00p.m.
If a patient is trying to reach our call center, here are a few general guidelines to make the experience more pleasant.
- Monday mornings are our busiest time. For quicker service, try waiting until later or opt to call us another day of the week after the call volume has decreased.
- If a patient is waiting for a referral from their doctor, SDMI will send an automated message once received. This will be a text or a link to schedule their online appointment. It is important to note that you can schedule once we have received your referral.
- We can take referrals from other radiology sites as long as we accept the patient’s insurance. It does not need to be an SDMI referral form.
- If a patient has a more advanced procedure, like a PET scan or a biopsy, it will take us a little longer to reach out to them for scheduling. Advanced procedures require additional data from the referring office and extra steps to ensure authorization from insurance.
- X-Rays now require scheduled appointments. We no longer accept walk-ins.
- Appointments will be offered based on the following criteria:
a) Insurance: If we need authorization, the patient will be scheduled at least five days out to give us enough time to receive that authorization.
b) Location: Not all of our locations offer the same procedures. The locations available to our patients are based on the procedure they are having done.
SDMI has eleven locations across Southern Nevada.
c) Procedures: Some procedures can only be performed at certain times of the day.
We know that this might be an overwhelming experience. If you have any questions or concerns about your appointment, please feel free to contact our call center; we will be happy to assist you!
SDMI Summerlin is now seeing MRI patients from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. we have doubled our Ultrasound capacity by adding a second Ultrasound machine.
SDMI Northwest is now seeing MRI patients from 7:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., making this our 3rd location to accommodate patients with late appointments (Anthem and Southwest).Additionally, X-Ray appointments are available Monday – Friday from 7:00 a.m. –to 5:45 p.m.
For the most up-to-date hours for all of our locations, please check the locations section of our website.
Note: For MRI Patients, late appointments are only available to those scheduled for NON-Contrast appointments.