The exam specialist is responsible for reviewing scheduled studies in advance of the patients visit. Scheduled studies are reviewed to ensure that the proper study was scheduled based on the referral, that all required paperwork / documentation is in the system, and that prior-authorization and insurance verification was completed. The exam specialist coordinates and distributes referrals and other needed documentation to the technologists and communicates with them regarding cancellations, changes in appointment status and the scheduling of certain specialized exams. The exam specialist may assist with appointment confirmations or other patient communications, and may contact referring physician’s offices as needed. The exam specialist may also coordinate the scheduling of a VIP appointment.MINIMUM SKILLS, ABILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School graduate or equivalent with 6 month experience as a medical receptionist or related experience and or training or equivalent combination of education and experience along with a strong knowledge of coding.
- Interact with patients’, physicians and other staff to provide accurate, timely and responsive information.
- Demonstrate courtesy, helpfulness, and optimal customer service toward patients and their families.
- Must be able to recognize and respond appropriately to urgent / emergent situations per protocols.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and management.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology, ICD-9 / CPT Coding.
- Basic typing and keyboarding skills with minimum of 30 wpm
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills (excellent phone etiquette).
- Experience with customer service and multi-line phones.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Knowledge of contracted insurance plans and procedures.
- Takes full responsibility for all functions within job description and assures that all functions are completed before leaving SDMI at the end of the shift.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Centennial Hills
Shift: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM, Monday - Friday
To apply, please click here to apply online. SDMI is proud to be a smoke free and drug free workplace.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those being considered for this position will be contacted.