FRONT DESK ADMITTER – FLOATER Greet and interview patient, obtaining and updating demographic and insurance information. Scans ID, insurance cards and all needed paperwork into the computer. Checks in and inputs the proper authorization as needed, ensuring forms are complete and have appropriate signatures and inputs insurance diagnosis codes. Answers phones and questions from patients, doctor’s offices, families and directs calls to appropriate departments. Communicate effectively with other departments regarding their patients. Perform cashiering duties including collecting co-payments, deposits, and issuing receipts, posting payments and balancing cash drawers. Performs all duties of the Front Office Receptionist. May also perform other job related duties for the efficient operation of SDMI.MINIMUM SKILLS, ABILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a High school graduate or equivalent. Medical and computer experience preferred. Needs to have strong customer service skills and one (1) year of experience in admissions in a hospital or medical office setting.
- Office theories and principles; medical and insurance terminology; insurance carriers and reimbursements.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; communicating with a wide variety of people from divers socio-economic and ethnic background under stressful conditions; effective, efficient, and safe us of equipment.
- Perform basic mathematical computations; using computers and related software applications; using standard office equipment such as phones, copies and facsimiles; type 45 words per minutes and 10 key.
- Skill in organizing time to accommodate changes in workload and assignments in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Skill to pay attention to details and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Respond positively to changes in assignments and priorities.
- Work as an effective team member with co-workers and other personnel.
- Able to identify hazardous material in immediate work area.
- Know and follow all SDMI safety and evacuation guidelines, policies & procedures.
- Willingly participates in cross-training activities within the department for own professional growth in order to contribute to the overall function of SDMI.
- Assume responsibility for updating knowledge of current SDMI department policies and procedures, protocol and practices.
- Demonstrate punctuality by reporting to work on time/satisfactory attendance record that complies with SDMI attendance policy.
- Take full responsibility for all functions within job description and assures that all functions are completed before leaving SDMI at the end of the shift.
- Communicate effectively when follow up is needed.
- May be required to work at other facilities if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume to HR@sdmi-lv.com. You may also click here to apply online.SDMI is proud to be a smoke free and drug free workplace.Due to high volume of applicants, only those being considered for this position will be contacted.