Greet patients as they sign in, verifies their appointment by computer and if they have their doctor’s referral as well as signing in the patient. Answer phones and answer questions from patient and family regarding patient status or location and direct calls to the appropriate areas. To expedite the processing of patients, the Receptionist makes sure the appropriate forms are filled out and all signatures are completed before seating patient with a Front Desk Admitting Representative. Explain and hand out all preparation kits to patients that are scheduled prior to appointment. Prints reports for patients upon request. Makes sure all visitors sign in, give a visitors badge and call the appropriate person/department. Communicate effectively with other departments regarding their patients. Directs patients to the courtesy phone to contact medical records, billing, or scheduling department. May perform other job related duties as necessary for the efficient operation of SDMI.MINIMUM SKILLS, ABILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent. Medical and computer experience preferred. Must have strong customer service skills.
- Skill in organizing time to accommodate changes in workload and assignments in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Skill to pay attention to details and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Responds positively to changes in assignments and priorities.
- Works as an effective team member with co-workers and other personnel.
- Able to identify hazardous material in immediate work area.
- Know and follows all SDMI safety and evacuation guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Willingly participate in cross-training activities within the department for own professional growth in order to contribute to the overall function of SDMI.
- Assume responsibility for updating knowledge of current SDMI department policies and procedures, protocol and practices.
- Demonstrate punctuality by reporting to work on time/satisfactory attendance record that complies with SDMI attendance policy.
- Take full responsibility for all functions within job description and assures that all functions are completed before leaving SDMI at the end of the shift.
- Communicate effectively when follow up is needed.
- May be required to work at other facilities if needed.
Schedule/Location: 7:45 AM - 4:15 PM, Monday- Friday/Maryland Parkway
Please click here to apply online. SDMI is proud to be a smoke free and drug free workplace.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only those being considered for this position will be contacted.