The Full Time EVS Representative will maintain cleanliness within all patient and office areas to include but not limited to: carpets, chairs, and hard floor surfaces. Maintain all carpet and tile floor areas using the latest techniques available. Following established protocol, will be responsible for calling the alarm company at the end of each shift and giving their personal pass code. Check equipment for safety hazards and general service. Inspection must be completed before work begins and at the end of each shift. Thoroughly clean equipment daily and place in the designated area for storage. Shampoo carpets and chairs in all public areas and offices as assigned. Strip and wax hard floor surfaces. Perform any work requiring use of a ladder. Clean walls, vents, light fixtures, and windows.MINIMUM SKILLS, ABILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school education or equivalent.
- Housekeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to follow the chain of command.
- Skill in organizing time to accommodate changes in workload and assignments in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Skill to pay attention to details and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Ability to respond positively to changes in locations, assignments and priorities.
- Work as an effective team member with co-workers and other personnel.
- Ability to identify hazardous material in immediate work area.
- Can tolerate the presence and/or use of chemicals, cleaners and solvents.
- Ability to move, transport and operate heavy-duty or industrial type equipment such as vacuums, blowers, extractors and rotary shampooers.
- Able to sustain physical and mental demands; standing, walking, and working at various heights up to approximately 6 ½ feet above the floor.
- Able to move trash cart from work areas to dumpster and unload.
- Perform other related environmental services as requested.
Please click here to apply online. SDMI is proud to be a smoke free and drug free workplace.Due to the high volume of applicants, only those being considered for this position will be contacted.