The Medical Collector will work guarantor accounts by either phone or mail, taking payments over the phone, issuing and following up on payment plans and coding delinquent accounts for outside collections. Reconcile reports from the outside collection agency and submit payment / adjustment reports to the outside collection agency. Receive incoming calls to assist patients in understanding their account statements and the status of their charges. Update patient demographics and/or insurance plans via Intergy. Other duties as assigned.MINIMUM SKILLS, ABILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- 3-5 five years medical collection experience.
- Intergy experience preferred but not necessary.
- Skill in organizing time to accommodate changes in workload and assignments in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Skill to pay attention to details and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Awareness of responsibility to protect patient information.
- Responds positively to changes in assignments and priorities.
- Willingly participates in cross-training activities within the department in for own professional growth in order to contribute to the overall function of SDMI.
- Assumes responsibility for updating knowledge of current SDMI department policies and procedures, protocol and practices.
Location: Administration - NW Las VegasShift: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - FridayPlease click here to apply online.SDMI is proud to be a smoke free and drug free workplace.Due to high volume of applicants, only those being considered for this position will be contacted