The Full Time Nuclear Med/ PET Technologist performs Nuclear Med/PET imaging under the direction of the Chief/ Lead Technologist, Technical Director and/ or Radiologist. May perform other job related duties as necessary for the efficient operation of SDMI. May perform other job related duties as necessary for the efficient operation of SDMI.
MINIMUM SKILLS, ABILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- A.S. or B.S. degree with major in Radiological Technology. Principle of modality specific and skills required as such. Must be a registered technologist and in good standing with A.R.R.T. and or CNMT. Maintain recertification on an ongoing basis. Principle of modality specific and skills required as such. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- ARRT/CNMT required with modality specific certification.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Thorough knowledge of basic principles of specific modality.
- Thorough knowledge of basic modality equipment, skill in specific modality positioning and image slice thickness (protocols) for all exams.
- Thorough knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy.
- Thorough knowledge of plane and solid geometry.
- Thorough knowledge and skill in utilizing procedural protocols.
- Basic knowledge and skill in sterile technique.
- Thorough knowledge and skill with Kodak Lazer.
- Demonstrate knowledge and compliance of patient rights including the patient confidentiality. Respects patient privacy.
- Required to know the hazards involved in using all Caustic Solutions related to their job duties.
- Know how to correctly review and fill out consent forms. Know importance of inquiring about patient allergies.
- Know types of contrast to use for patients that do not meet normal criteria.
- Know signs/symptoms and protocol of contrast reactions.
- Know how to adjust window to get a diagnostic image.
- Know how to emotionally support and explain procedure to patients.
- Skill in organizing time to accommodate changes in workload and assignments in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
To apply, please click here to apply online.SDMI is proud to be a smoke free and drug free workplace.Due to the high volume of applicants, only those being considered for this position will be contacted.