The Full time Front Desk Admitter will greet and interview patient, obtaining and updating demographic and insurance information. Scans ID, insurance cards and all needed paperwork into the computer. Checks in and inputs the proper authorization as needed, ensuring forms are complete and have appropriate signatures and inputs insurance diagnosis codes. Answers phones and questions from patients, doctor’s offices, families and directs calls to appropriate departments. Communicates effectively with other departments regarding their patients. Performs cashiering duties including collecting co-payments, deposits, and issuing receipts, posting payments and balancing cash drawers. Performs all duties of the Front Office Receptionist. May also perform other job related duties for the efficient operation of SDMI.MINIMUM SKILLS, ABILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a High school graduate or equivalent.
- Needs to have strong customer service skills and at least one (1) year of experience in admissions in a hospital or medical office setting.
- Familiarity with office theories and principles; medical and insurance terminology; insurance carriers and reimbursements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; communicating with a wide variety of people from divers socio-economic and ethnic background under stressful conditions; effective, efficient, and safe us of equipment.
- Ability to performs basic mathematical computations; using computers and related software applications; using standard office equipment such as phones, copies and facsimiles; type 45 words per minutes and 10 key.
- Skill in organizing time to accommodate changes in workload and assignments in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Skill to pay attention to details and accuracy in completing tasks.
- May be required to work at other facilities if needed.
Please click here to apply online. SDMI is proud to be a smoke free and drug free workplace.Due to the high volume of applicants, only those being considered for this position will be contacted.