Greet patients as they sign in, verify the appointment by computer, and if they have their doctor’s referral, as well as signing in the patient. Answer phones and answer questions from patients and family regarding patient status or location, and direct calls to the appropriate areas. To expedite the processing of patients, the Receptionist makes sure the appropriate forms are filled out and all signatures are completed before seating patient with a Front Desk Admitting Representative. Explain and hand out all preparation kits to patients that are scheduled prior to appointment. Print reports for patients upon request. Makes sure all visitors sign in, give a visitor’s badge, and call the appropriate person/department. Communicate effectively with other departments regarding their patients. Direct patients to the courtesy phone to contact medical records, billing, or scheduling department. May perform other job related duties as necessary for the efficient operation of SDMI.MINIMUM SKILLS, ABILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent. Medical and computer experience preferred. Must have strong customer service skills.
- Skill in organizing time to accommodate changes in workload and assignments in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Skill to pay attention to details and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Ability to work as an effective team member with co-workers and other personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively when follow up is needed.
- May be required to work at other facilities if needed.
Please click here to apply online.SDMI is proud to be a smoke free and drug free workplace.Due to high volume of applicants, only those being considered for this position will be contacted