Consists of all areas of maintenance: plumbing & monitoring HVAC; electrical; painting and wallpaper; general carpentry including building and installing cabinets & casework; flooring (carpet, etc.); room remodeling; equipment installation and to repair all laundry & EVS equipment. Responsible for maintaining all exterior areas of the buildings including landscaping (mowing, trimming & irrigation), parking lot (painting curbs & striping), exterior lighting and exterior painting. May perform other job related duties as necessary for the efficient operation of SDMI.MINIMUM SKILLS, ABILITY AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school graduate or equivalent. Previous carpentry, maintenance, electrical and plumbing experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Must be able to follow the chain of command.
- Skill in organizing time to accommodate changes in workload and assignments in order to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Skill to pay attention to details and accuracy in completing tasks.
- Work as an effective team member with co-workers and other personnel.
- Able to identify hazardous material in immediate work area.
- Must know fire and evacuation plan and electrical safety.
- Assume responsibility for updating knowledge of current SDMI department policies and procedures, protocol and practices.
- Demonstrate punctuality by reporting to work on time/satisfactory attendance record that complies with SDMI attendance policy.
- Take full responsibility for all functions within job description and assures that all functions are completed before leaving SDMI at the end of the shift. Can tolerate the presence and/or use of chemicals, cleaners and solvents.
- Ability to move, transport heavy-duty or industrial type equipment such as vacuums, blowers, extractors and rotary shampooers.
- Able to sustain physical and mental demands; standing, walking, and working at various heights up to approximately 6 ½ feet above the floor.
- Able to move trash cart from work areas to dumpster and unload.
- Report any existing conditions that do not meet company standards.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness on a constant basis.
- Utilize supplies and equipment effectively.
- Computer literate.
To apply, please click here to apply online. SDMI is proud to be a smoke free and drug free workplace.Due to the high volume of applicants, only those being considered for this position will be contacted.